wmcdrom is a dock application for WindowMaker. When launched wmcdrom creates a 48 x 48 pixel showing a CD ROM (centered in a 64 x 64 pixel tile). To dock wmcdrom, left-click on the border of the tile and drag the tile to the dock area.
By clicking the CD ROM image you can mount and unmount CD ROM media.
- Left-clicking the CD ROM image will mount or unmount the media.
- Right-clicking the CD ROM image will mount or eject the media.
When a media is mounted, the CD ROM image will change to:
wmcdrom [-e ejectcmd] [-m mountcmd] [-u umountcmd] devicefile
- -e ejectcmd: command to call to eject the media (defaults to /bin/eject).
- -m mountcmd: command to call to mount the media (defaults to /bin/mount).
- -u umountcmd: command to call to unmount the media (defaults to /bin/umount).
- devicefile: special file of this CD ROM. The special file can be, but not limited to: /dev/cdrom, /dev/hdc, /dev/cdrecorder ...
You must specify the devicefile. The commands called by the -e, -m and -u switches gets the devicefile as the first argument.
wmcdrom needs gdk_pixbuf to run.
To install wmcdrom:
- Download the latest version of wmcdrom.
- Unpack the archive: gunzip -c wmcdrom-0.1.tar.gz | tar xf -
- Verify the PREFIX setting in the Makefile. wmcdrom will install to /usr/X11R6/bin.
- Type make
- As root, type make install
Launch wmcdrom and then drag the icon to the dock as described above.
wmcdrom currently only looks nice in 64x64 pixels icon size.
- You want me to support you? Drop me an email.
- You can support this project by donating any amount to my Pay Pal account.
Initial release (v0.1).