S15Pup is built from a "Puppy builder" system named Woof-CE (woof-CE at GitHub), which can build a Puppy Linux distribution from the binary packages of any other distro.
Each "Puppy distro" built by Woof-CE is a distinctive distribution in its own right, with unique features. You choose a puppy based on your particular needs, be it specific hardware, software, or access to and compatibility with the package repositories of a particular major distro.
Released 15th January, 2023
The next stable version of Puppy Linux has been released. see Forum post
S15Pup is built from Slackware-15.0 binary TXZ
packages, hence has binary compatibility with Slackware and access to the
Slackware and Salix repositories. It is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions.
- "Traditional" Puppy Linux look and feel and features.
- Kernels from the LTS branches of 5 series - 5.15 for 64-bit, 5.10 for 32-bit.
- Abiword and Gnumeric word processing and spreadsheet.
- Ffmpeg and supporting programs including Pmusic and Mplayer.
- Joe's Window Manager 2.4.3 (JWM).
- LXDE & Xfce addons by ydrv.
- Lightweight web browser in adrv.
- Browser installer for heavyweight browsers such as Chromium, Firefox and Palemoon.
- Samba, used to share files with Windows included.
- Evince pdf viewer.
- Many other apps as shown below.
S15Pup App List (partial)
This page (c) copyright The Puppy Linux Team December 2022