Fatdog64-701 Release Notes
Fatdog64-701 was released on 22 April 2015.
Fatdog64-701 is the second release of Fatdog64 700 series. It is
mainly an update release, containing all rolled-up updates that
have happened since the original 700 release. Of special note, 701
uses the same kernel as 700 so all self-built kernel modules as
well as nvidia and radeon drivers will continue to work.
Changes from Fatdog64 700:
- GTK 2.24.27
- Seamonkey 2.33.1
- Flash plugin 220.127.116.117
- Sandbox now runs with separate pid/mount namespace for better
- xf86-input-evdev rebuilt with code-remap support, enabling
hotkey mapping for keys previously unmappable
- ROX-Filer updated with mikeb patch for i18n (thanks mikeb)
- ROX-Filer updated to be able to show file comments
- links can use framebuffer other than the first one (use
FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb1 or something)
- Find'N'Run script included, accessible by Alt-F3 hotkey
- Internet tethering using USB or bluetooth (under Control Panel
→ Network) - tested with Android phones only.
- Fatdog startup manager to control desktop startup programs
(find under Control Panel → Desktop → Fatdog Startup Manager)
- MTP browser and simple-mtpfs now included providing out of box
support for MTP devices (find under Control Panel → Network)
- Meld (GUI file difference viewer) is now included in devx.
sshuttle also added to devx.
- scrypt and scrypt_gui for better password protection
- PSIP 1.4 now included
- pmcputemp included (thanks 01micko) - activate it using Fatdog
- bugreport.sh - information reporting tool for reporting bugs.
- deb2txz script included - compatible .deb packages can now be
installed directly (by right-click).
- n2n-v1 (easy vpn)
- rox-encfs now uses afo when available (afo is also included,
- Faster version of makepkg; pkgtools now supports uninstall
script (name it as install/slack-uninstall.sh). Still 100%
compatible with plain slackware package.
and numerous bug fixes and fine tunings.
Major contributor in this release is SFR who has found and fixed
a few annoying bugs.
For earlier releases, see here: Fatdog64 700
Fatdog64 631 Fatdog64 630
Fatdog64 621 Fatdog64 620
Fatdog64 611 Fatdog64 610
Fatdog64 601 Fatdog64 600
Fatdog64 521 Fatdog64 520